Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Day at the San Diego Zoo

One of the things I love about being back in CA is the proximity to the zoo. I love the San Diego Zoo. It has the best animals and I feel like they are in a good habitat vs. other zoos that have the "animal in a cage" look. We planned on going to the zoo a few weeks ago. My kids and I have been looking forward to this day. As luck would have it the weather forecast was not favorable. Cold and rainy was the rpediction. But I felt we should go anyway. The weather is always different in San Diego. On the way there we got stuck in traffic. Someone decided to flip his car over. (He was fine) Then we stopped at McDonald's to grab a bite. While sitting at the drive through window Cameron threw up all over the place! Too many fruit snacks in his mouth is my guess. Was this a sign that we should not go? Maybe, but I did not listen. We continued our journey. Once we got into San Diego the weather turned beautiful. Thank goodness. The animals were awesome. It was overcast so they were very active. Pandas were roaming cages, the jaguar was a foot away pacing a tree branch, the hippo was swimming circles in the water. Like I said, it was awesome! We spent the whole day there and enjoyed it so much. But on the way back reality set in. Cameron threw up two more times! Lovely!
Cameron Mikayla and Riley
Pandas are our favorite!
Us!

Cameron asleep for nap time!

Sorry, but you had to see this!






1 comment:

Athena said...

Hi Sis,
Nice photos especially the last one. Mom says "That's just wrong." I told her: "At least you guys did not have to sit by him the whole ride home!"
Love ya